Shamrock Foods, a local, family owned business, offers not only the culture of a local company, but the depth of experience of one of the largest food distributors in the southwest. In addition to Shamrock’s 5 distribution facilities, holdings include: 2 USDA Meat Plants in AZ and CO; the largest dairy west of the Mississippi; a co-founder of Markon Produce Co-op; a Shortening and Oil plant in Colorado; fresh fish cutting operation; and an ice cream novelty distribution business. Shamrock has strong affiliation with all of the other large independent distributors across the nation, to strengthen its position in competitive quality purchasing, and nation-wide platform for sales.
Shamrock Foods, with its local culture has lived by its motto of “treating our employees as family and customers like friends”. Decisions are made at a local level as close to the customer as possible.
Shamrock’s purchasing strength is demonstrated by its: 1) membership in /MA National Cooperative organization for independent food service Distributors, which represents over $12 Billion in contracted spend, 2) as a founding member of Markon produce Co-op, which maintains the highest quality standards in the country, including traceability and an award winning Five Star Safety Program. Shamrock has a very rigorous vendor selection process and only deals with vendors that can meet Shamrock standards, weigh include quality standards and indemnifications. Shamrock would be happy to provide our vendor packet for your review.
Shamrock buys for over 15,000 customers in multiple geographies and has secured the number one market position in both Arizona and Colorado for foodservice distribution.
This buying power enables Shamrock to purchase in Best brackets to keep in-bound costs down.Shamrock has embraced technology throughout its organization and is committed to consistently embrace the benefits to the organization.
• Shamrock Foods has become a process driven Company using the Six Sygma tools to drive waste and inefficiency out of our system so we can better serve our Customers and help them further drive cost out of the supply chain beyond price.
• Shamrock Foods is capable of doing both FTP and EDI transmissions and is doing so today for multiple customers.
• Shamrock uses a bar scanning system to ensure the accuracy of the product being delivered. Each product is scanned as it is picked and again when it is loaded on the truck to ensure that product belongs to the correct customer.
• We build delivery routes based on dynamic routing, geographic areas, case volume and stops. All routing work is done in Road Net by our own employees in our dispatch department.
• Shamrock Foods New Mexico is a state of the art facility that houses product in its 201,340 square foot storage Warehouse.
Key Support Account Executive
Angie Esparza- (575) 635-6864
Regional Sales Manager
Kelly Musselman- (505) 331-0730